Community Based Investment
Community Futures helps develop and manage community impact investment. Since 1990, Community Futures has managed a local investment fund that has focused on making a difference, by filling gaps in the financing field and making investments in businesses that demonstrate impact such as value aded food production, community good and job creation.
Beginning with an investment fund worth $1.25M in 1990, funds have now grow to over $7.6M in 2023. In 2020/21, Community Futures Central Okanagan financed 140 loans worth $3,8M to help businesses deal with the impact of COVID-19. In 33 years CFDCCO has now financed more than 1,125 loans worth over $32.5M.
We regularly facilitate the connection between local capital and impact ventures. Our priorities are:
- Localized decision making
- Build local capacity to evaluate and manage impact investments
- Community, social, environmental prioritization
- Seek investment return that demands both return and impact
- Find ways for local capital to invest in impact.